Saturday, February 2, 2008

New food!


Hercules Says: "This stuff is good"
Over the last week, the pups have started teething and Hazel has started to wean them. They seemed a bit hungry - crying more than usual when Hazel would approach the puppy condo. It was time to feed them some food besides mom's milk. I decided to feed the pups Embark Dog food because, in my opinion it is the best dog food you can buy from a store. Most of you know that I make dog food for my dogs from scratch. I have started supplementing the food with a little Embark. I do this for a few reasons. First, to make sure that the dogs are getting a variety of nutrients and second because I get a little bit lazy sometimes. To entice the pups to eat, I had Hazel lick some of the food to get her smell on it then put the bowl down for the pups to try. They still nurse on Hazel just less often. We have successfully been feeding the Embark a couple of times a day for the past two days.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: