Saturday, March 1, 2008


The puppies got the DHLPP immunization yesterday. With the help of my brother Mike, I loaded up the puppies and Hazel into the back of my car and took them to the Oakland SPCA for their first set of immunization injections. What a ride that was! Both the pups and Hazel were very calm during the ride, no cries or barks. They seemed to be fine with the short drive. Hercules, Lefty and Little Hazel stood up and watched out the front window holding on to Mikes arm. It was so cute.
The Oakland SPCA is great! The Vet Tech offered to come out to the car and immunize the puppies so that I would not have to bring each one inside one at a time. She was very accommodating and gave each of the pups the shots on the hood of my car. Mike sat inside the car and waited with the pups while I held each of them for the Vet Tech. I was relived to see that they did not seem to care about the needle. After we got home, they had nice long naps.

Tomorrow we will be driving to Grass Valley, Ca to deliver Little Hazel and Odie. I am very sad right now but know that they could never be happy living in my small back yard. I know they will be in good hands with lots of love and 5 acres of land to roam on with ducks and chickens. he new owner works on a ranch so when they grow up, they will get to go to the ranch to play and maybe learn to herd. I am very happy to know that they will be able to sleep inside at night and that they will have each other to cuddle with.
Jon and I made a little stepping stone with each of the pups paw prints on it and Hazels too. We will find a nice space inside to remind us of one of the best experiences that we have shared together and the 10 doggies that we had the honor of spending the last few months with.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: